National Iranian Oil Engineering & Construction Co.
Shazand Arak, Iran
Engineering, Procurement, Construction
Axens, UOPL, RIPI, Technip BV, KTI
Sazeh, SEI, ODCC
Completed and in Operation
The project intends to implement an expansion revamp and products upgrading and also to investigate the impacts of this revamp and expansion on the overall operation of existing units and facilities of ARAK Refinery.
In order to achieve the following objectives, revamp of the existing facilities such as Crude atmospheric Distillation and Vacuum Distillation Units (CDU/VDU) and adding the new process units are implemented.
(1) Maximize gasoline production with achieving the products meeting EU2005 specification.
(2) Increase throughput of CDUs from 150,000 BPSD to 249,100 BPSD by installing a new 80,000 BPSD CDU (existing CDU can process 169,100 BPSD as proven by current operation)
(3) Produce kerosene, diesel and fuel oil products in compliance with new environmental regulation
The outline of the process units is summarized below:
- Crude distillation unit(CDU2)
- LPG MEROX
- Sour Water
- Sulfur recovery and solidification