Petrochemical Industries Development Management Co.
Bandar Imam, Iran
Petrochemical & Chemical Plants
Engineering, Procurement, Construction
Hydro Agri Sluiskill B.V.
Sazeh, Snamprogetti S.p.A.
Completed and in Operation
The Urea Granulation Project is designed to produce 1800 MTPD urea granules based on Hydro Agri Sluiskill B.V./ Hydro Fertilizer Technology fluid bed granulation License and know –how. The unit is fed by Urea Melt from existing Urea 2 Unit.
The project comprises of:
- Granulation system to convert the urea melt solution coming as feed from existing Urea No.2 into granules of 2~3.5 and 6~8mm diameter. The granulator is the heart of the plant and uses a fluidized bed system in which the Urea solution is sprayed onto granules suspended in a fluidized layer.
- First Fluid Bed Cooler: The product from granulator are transferred into product cooler which utilizes the same fluidized bed system as the granulator.
- Scrubbers and Vent Stack: The air extracted from top of granulator and product cooler is vented after being washed in scrubbers. The solution from scrubbers is recycled to Urea No. 2 unit.
- Bucket Elevator: The cooled granules are lifted by the bucket elevator in the sieving section.
- Crusher: The oversize granules are first crushed in roll mills and combined with the undersize granules and fed back to the granulator to be used as a seed material to initiate granulation.
- Conveyor: The on-size granules are further cooled down in the final cooler and sent to storage by conveyor systems.